- Block – any element that you use to build your content.
- TinyMCE editor – the “old” WordPress editor.
- Settings toolbar – the sidebar where you can configure post/block details.
- Block Navigation – a quick look at all the blocks in your post.
- Visual Editor – the default WYSIWYG editor.
- Code Editor – lets you work with HTML and block formatting.
- Unified toolbar – attaches the formatting toolbar to the top of the editor.
- Spotlight Mode – fades all blocks except the active block.
- Insert blocks with the
- Each paragraph is a separate block
- Quick change blocks with
/to save time
- Move blocks with drag-and-drop or arrows
- Check for extra blocks from your plugins
- Configure global options in Document sidebar
- Configure individual blocks in Block sidebar
- Drag image files into Gutenberg from your desktop
- Learn keyboard shortcuts to save time
- Click the Information icon to view word count
- Gutenberg automatically saves your draft
- Create reusable block templates to save time
Basic content blocks:
- Paragraph – regular text
- Cover image